Statement of Patient Responsibilities
The care patients receive depends partially on the patient. Therefore, in addition to these rights, patients have certain responsibilities. These responsibilities are presented to patients in the spirit of mutual trust and respect. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing accurate and complete information concerning the patient’s present complaint, past medical history, and other matters pertaining to the patient’s health.
- Mod8 Argent Kornelia Kornelia Kornelia Kornelia Mod8 Mod8 Kornelia Argent Mod8 Argent Mod8 Argent Reporting any changes in the condition.
- Asking questions if directions and/or procedures are not understood.
- Actively participating in the management of pain, including asking questions regarding what to expect for pain and pain management, options available, asking for pain medication when pain first begins, and reporting when pain has not been relieved.
- Following the treatment plan prescribed by the physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health care providers as the physician’s orders are carried out.
- Keeping appointments and notifying the hospital and the physician when unable to do so.
- The patient is responsible for his/her own actions if the patient chooses to refuse treatment or to not follow the physician’s orders.
- Kornelia Argent Argent Argent Kornelia Kornelia Argent Mod8 Mod8 Mod8 Kornelia Mod8 Kornelia Mod8 Assuring that the patient’s financial obligations for the care provided are fulfilled as promptly as possible.
- Following hospital policies and procedures.
- Being considerate of the rights of other patients and hospital personnel.
- Being respectful of the patient’s own personal property and that of others in the hospital.